[News] Stable release 2.17 now live!
Hello everyone! Stable release 2.17 of MistServer is now available! The full change log is available here and downloads are here. Our Pro-edition customers with active licenses will receive a new build notification in their e-mail automatically.
Here are some highlights:
- Added RTMPS push support for pushing to platforms that require it such as Facebook Live.
- Added Adobe style authentication for RTMP(S)
- Added an easier way to use Haivision SRT by allowing "srt://" as a source or push target
- Added pushdelay parameter to all push outputs, allowing for a configurable delay of live streams
- Certbot integration is now available for easier HTTPS setup (We'll highlight how to do this in an upcoming blog post)
- Added HTTPS support in the Open Source version of MistServer
- MP4 files are now supported in the Open Source versions
[News] MistServer exhibiting at IBC2019
We'll once again be exhibiting at the IBC2019 in Amsterdam.
You can find us in hall 14 booth C10.
Feel free to stop by if you're interested in MistServer, would like to know what we've been up to this year or would like to just say hi.
If you're an user of MistServer we'll even reward you with some limited edition MistServer chocolate (as long as our stock lasts).
[News] BuyDRM launches KeyOS ESP Partner Program!
We're excited to see BuyDRM launch the KeyOS ESP Partner program, it's an initiative together with various industry-leading Encoder, Server and Player vendors to help streamline deployments of DRM-protected premium video content.
We're proud to be part of the launch and have included it in our upcoming MistServer 3.0 release.
Want to know more? See the BuyDRM KeyOS ESP Partner Program launch post.
[Release] Stable release 2.15 now available!
Hello everyone! Stable release 2.15 of MistServer is now available! The full change log is available here and downloads are here. Our Pro-edition customers with active licenses will receive a new build notification in their e-mail automatically.
Here are some highlights:
- Introducing our new and improved meta-player! Now with a redesigned user-friendlier interface, proper JS API and skinning support (both documented at length in the updated manual), and a slew of bug fixes.
- RTP core code was rewritten, improving compatibility with IP cameras and preparing for an upcoming new protocol we're adding soon.
- Many other small fixes/improvements/etc. See changelog for full list!
[News] Our plans for 2019
Happy new year! We would like to wish all everyone the very best for 2019.
With 2019 we will also enter the year where the MistServer project becomes 10 years old. It sure has been a long and eventful journey. We’ve got some exciting changes coming up, but first we’ll take a step back and look at the road we’ve travelled.
The MistServer project started in 2009, and was mostly developed behind closed doors, while being tested by a select few pilot customers.
In 2011 MistServer made it to the public on github, where we then released MistServer 0.1 with just progressive flash (FLV) support. Back then Flash was used for almost all website based video delivery. In just a few years time, this shifted to a complete opposite: now Flash is considered outdated and insecure. MistServer of course grew along with the industry, but we always kept backwards compatibility in place.
In 2014, the year of our 5th anniversary, we released MistServer 2.0. MistServer had grown to contain most modern and legacy protocols and was big enough for widespread use. It had turned into a media gateway capable of making any media available on any device.
We’re happy to report we’ve been growing ever since. Along the way we decided to make a MistServer Pro version, focussed on the enterprise market.
Now in 2019 we’ve decided to take another look at our current project and how it all started. We would like to give back to the community by extending the capabilities of our open source version, releasing some of the (until now) Pro-only features in the Open Source edition for our upcoming major update to 3.0. This year we will also update our website, and we have a few other exciting surprises planned to further celebrate our 10th anniversary!
Stick around for the ride, it’s going to be fun! 🎉